|_____ partnership||a. going into business for oneself|
|_____ sole proprietorship||b. a company whose owners enjoy limited liability for the company's debts and losses|
|_____ corporation||c. a limited company that does not issue shares for general public|
|_____ limited company||d. a place where shares are regularly traded|
|_____ public company||e. two or more partners working together for profit, without limited liability|
|_____ private company||f. limited company whose shares may be purchased by the public and traded freely on the open market|
|_____ shareholder||g. any of the equal parts into which the capital stock of a company is divided|
|_____ a share||h. the share of a cooperative society's surplus allocated at the end of a period to members|
|_____ assets||i. the owner of one or more shares in a company|
|_____ dividend||j. any property owned by a person or firm|
|_____ charter||k. the state, condition, or quality of being or becoming bankrupt|
|_____ Stock Exchange||l. organization operating to make profit|
|_____ bankruptcy||m. the fundamental principles of an organization;|
Ex. 20. Generate other forms from these words.
Ex. 21. Find in the texts equivalents to the following Russian words and word-combinations.
1. торгово-промышленная корпорация ________________________________________
2. совет директоров ________________________________________________________
3. обанкротиться __________________________________________________________
4. прекратить существование ________________________________________________
5. личное имущество _______________________________________________________
6. привлекать финансовые ресурсы ___________________________________________
7. учреждать корпорацию ___________________________________________________
8. подоходный налог _______________________________________________________
9. управлять корпорацией напрямую __________________________________________
10. являться объектом налогообложения _______________________________________
Ex. 22. Fill in the gaps with the words and word combination from the box.
|shares, agreement, liability, to dissolve,general, rights and obligations, shareholder, public, Stock Exchange, entity,liquidation, private, to establish, additional capital|
1. Partnerships are created by an__________________, oral or written, which expresses the
_______________________________of each partner.
2. It is also easier for partnerships to obtain ________________________________.
3. Partnerships are not as easy _____________________ as sole proprietorships.
4. Partnerships are a stronger ______________ than proprietorships.
5. If it is a public limited company, ______________can be bought and sold freely, usually at
6. When the owners of the partnership have unlimited________________ they are called
7. A limited company may be ______________ or ________________.
8. If the company fails, it will stop trading and go into _____________________.
9. A person who owns a stock certificate is called a _____________________.
10. It is more expensive and complicated __________________corporations than proprietorships